Mouse Trap 4.0 - Desktop security software
Mouse Trap is a powerful desktop security tool for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, and XP. It traps your mouse in place and locks your desktop until you enter your password, while disabling system keys like Alt-Tab and Ctrl-Alt-Del to prevent tampering. It can hide itself in the system tray until you need to use it; it can also be configured to trap the mouse on system startup or at a certain time of day.
Note to users of Windows NT, 2000, and XP: Ctrl Alt Del can still be used while the computer is locked, but Mouse Trap cannot be shut down. If you set Mouse Trap to "Recover on Reboot" it will re-lock the computer when Windows loads again.
I am so darn happy with this Mouse Trap program. Two days and NO problems on my computer when I am not right in front of it. It is a BLESSING!!!!! Please, Please keep up the great work.
Read more testimonials.
Click here to see a screen shot of the main window.
New Features in Version 4.0:
- Recover on reboot (if Mouse Trap is running, but is not set to start with windows and someone shuts off the computer Mouse Trap will recover itself)
- Can release the mouse at a certain time of the day.
- Can display a user-defined message when trapped
- You can position Mouse Trap around the screen (before trapped)
- Option to rollup Mouse Trap when trapped (useful for showing presentations where you don't want anyone to mess with the computer and you need as much screen space as possible)
- Cannot kill Mouse Trap with a process viewer
- Option to automatically hide Mouse Trap after the mouse has been freed
- Settings and Exit can be password protected
- Privacy Screen (Blacks out the rest of the screen when trapped)
- Shows if anyone has tried to guess your password by showing how many invalid password attempts there were and logs it to a text file.
- Can set the trap to start after your computer has been idle for X amount of minutes (like a screen saver)
- Windows 95 / 98 / NT / 2000 / 2003 / XP
- 8 megs of RAM