Ad-Aware® SE Professional Edition also includes the process browser Process-Watch which allows you to browse, scan and analyze processes running on your system. You can easily scan for, and terminate known suspicious processes and their associated modules.
What's new in Ad-Aware® SE Professional Edition?
- New command line parameters that allow for silent and automated operation of Ad-Aware
- UNC support for remote storage of Preferences, definitions, and logfiles
- New results screens and detailed statistics
- Improved logging and reporting
- Hardened against third party uninstall with encrypted preference files
- Links to more information on detected content from our website
- New safety option that allows you to write protect sensitive system files such as the Hosts file
Scanning engine improvements
- Extended protection against DLL-injection, SE can unload process modules on the fly
- Extended Memory scanning
- Now scans all modules loaded by a process
- Uses our all new CSI (Code Sequence Identification) technology to identify new and unknown variants of known targets
Extended Registry scanning
- Now scans registry branches of multiple user accounts
- Performs additional smart checks to detect dynamically created references
- Scanning speed noticeably faster
- Extended Scanning for known and unknown/possible Browser-Hijackers
Extended Disk scanning
- Now scans and lists alternate Data-streams on NTFS volumes
- Now Ad-Aware supports scanning of Cabinet files, (including spanned archives)
- Scanning speed increased
- Improved Hosts-file sca
- Now Ad-Aware and Ad-Watch use much smaller reference files
Several User Interface improvements
- Improved Graphical UI
- Ad-Aware now supports custom graphical Skins
- More user friendly Plug-in/Extension GUI (Plug-ins and Extensions now shown on separate screens)
- New Scan Result view, includes a scan summary and detailed view
- Ad-Aware now linked to the online TAC database
Multiple New Tweak options
- Unloading of process modules during a scan
- Obtaining command line of scanned processes
- Ignoring spanned cab files
- Scan registry for all users instead of current user only
- Permanent archive caching
- Always try to unload modules before deletion
- Disable manual quarantine if auto quarantine is selected
- Block pop-ups aggressively
- Load Ad-Watch minimized
- Hide Ad-Watch tray icon
- Write protect system files after repair
- Limit drive selection to fixed drives
- Use gridlines in item lists
- Log file detail section condensed
- Improved Process-Watch scanning capabilities and scanning speed (Using the new CSI technology)
- Several Process-Watch Interface improvements
- Option to create a Hexdump of the process memory or dump the process memory to disk
Several logfile improvements
- Includes support for separate removal logfiles
- Allows adding a Reference summary/index to logfiles
- Logfile contains overall more detailed information
- Several GUI improvements
- Ad-Watch now supports Cookie Blocking
- Site-manager to edit the popup-blacklist included
- Ad-Watch now uses the new CSI technology to detect new and unknown variants of known targets
- New Ad-Watch configuration screen
- New rules editor for pre-defined blocking exclusions
- Support for hiding the Ad-Watch tray icon for unattended operation
Real-time Protection with Ad-Watch
Ad-Watch is the real time monitor included in the Ad-Aware® SE Plus and Professional Editions. Ad-Watch goes beyond what other security suites offer by adding another layer of protection to your system proactively. It runs silently in the background, watching for Malware/parasites that try to install on or modify your system.
While Ad-Aware® SE detects and cleans your system from known Malware and advertising parasites, Ad-Watch goes even further by catching these programs before they can integrate into your system.
You can lock the startup sections of your registry, block possible and actual browser hijack attempts, block suspicious processes, lock executable file associations, block malicious cookies, block pop-ups, and uses the all new CSI technology to protect you from unknown variants as well.
The new version of Ad-Watch includes a new site manager where you can edit the included pop-up blacklist. It also includes a new rule editor that allows you to configure Ad-Watch to pre-allow changes to the registry.
Process Browsing with Process-Watch
Ad-Aware® SE Professional Edition comes with Process-Watch, a powerful process viewer/manager. It allows browsing, scanning, and termination of running processes (and their associated modules), as well as using installed extensions to further analyze a running process or module.
Process-Watch shows you a snapshot of all the running processes and their associated modules at the time Process-Watch is launched.
Process-Watch displays two lists with information, the currently running processes in the system and a module list showing the modules the selected process has loaded into memory.
Process-Watch allows you to quickly terminate any running process or unload a module. You can scan the processes to see if there are any known offending processes running and terminate them if necessary. You can also create a Hexdump of the process memory or dump the process memory to disk.
Ad-Aware® SE is compatible with Microsoft® Windows® 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 and Microsoft® Windows® Terminal Services.
Ad-Aware SE Plus Edition
Ad-Aware SE Professional Edition (Download)
Upgrade: Ad-Aware SE Professional Edition (Download)